How Do I get a Job?
Unprecedented – Supported Employment Program
We intervene quickly to help you get stabilized into house culture, treatment & recovery, and working to support your life goals.
We have partnered with OhioMeansJobs Portage County, the workforce division of Jobs & Family Services of Portage County for an unprecedented “Supported Employment” program that includes the following:
1. Complete a brief screening for eligibility (most qualify).
2. Once approved, access to numerous supportive services including but not limited to:
- Assistance with fees/transportation to obtain social security card, birth certificate and driver’s license (or state ID) needed to obtain employment.
- Connections to employment (some felonies considered friendly based on severity and date of last offense)
- Pay for job-related necessities such at work clothing, footwear, tools.
- Provide up to 6 months of transportation assistance (gas cards, bus passes, or rides with transportation provider)
- Assistance with daily lunches for work
Basic Career Services including:
1) Orientations that highlight all of the services available at your local OhioMeansJobs Center
2) Information on jobs that are in-demand locally.
3) Referrals to community agencies to assist with individual needs.
4) Assistance with job searching.
5) Assistance with creating/updating resume and cover letter.
6) Connection to employment programs
7) Financial literacy services
8) Assistance registering and using the OhioMeansJobs.com website.
Schooling / Technical training
If you are having trouble obtaining employment and are interested in obtaining a credential in an in-demand field…. we may be able to help you!
- Select from one of many types of in-demand training.
- If eligible, tuition and school-related supplies are covered.
- Transportation assistance to and from training
- Connection to employers hiring in your field once training is complete.